KEEPING IN TOUCH
There are a number of human needs, especially in the financial arena.
1) Certainty-The closer we get to certainty in our lives the more rewarding the experience.
2) Uncertainty drives us to achieve certainty—The world would be a boring and bland place if it weren’t for uncertainty. Uncertainty works like pain in the human body. We may not enjoy the pain but the pain is a definite indication that something needs to be changed and creates an opportunity to do something innovative to fix the problem and move ahead.
3) Significance- All of us wants to feel that we are personally important. Our importance does not come from our income or our status. It comes from who we are.
4) Love and connection-It may be hard to believe, but every single human being has a desperate need for these things. We can do a great deal of good for others if we are sensitive to that fact.
5) Growth-You have heard the expression grow or die. It is always important to make progress. Stagnating in the goals for our lives also means our whole lifestyle is beginning to stagnate as well.
6) The secret to living is giving—I have learned a long time ago that when I give freely to God’s work and to help others, I personally profit as a result. It is impossible to out-give our Creator. He has established a solid principle. That principle is, what we sow we also reap. And it is also true, that the more we sow the more we reap. People forget these principles and miss out on blessings which are beyond description. This is a foundational fact.
A Healthy Prospective
When you are pursuing money, don’t forget why you are pursuing it. Recognize that money is a tool. It is only a means to an end. It is also a good way to count your success in terms of your value in helping others. Viewed in a proper way, money is a blessing. Jesus spoke more about money than he did about heaven and hell combined during his lifetime on earth. It is not more important than other things, but it is one of the resources God uses to train us during our lifetime. Above all things, recognize that we have a Creator. If we will follow his precepts, the results will be astonishing.
Do You have Enough?
Find a way each day to appreciate more and expect less. To me, this is a great way to gain and maintain a positive attitude and to change the very nature of our lifestyle and our future success.
A Killer Mistake?
Don’t give your money away in fees, and in management costs, and for taxes. This is a statement that is made by virtually all the highly successful individuals who live now or have shared their wisdom in the past. Understanding how to overcome these financial drains is one of the keys to financial success. Plenty of resources and strategies are available to anyone to consider and take action to avoid these pitfalls.
The Result of Being Passive
Nearly all mutual fund companies offer a stacked deck. They are the ultimate casino. They have captured you. You are going nowhere. They enjoy guaranteed revenue whether you win or lose. The average cost of owning mutual fund shares is approximately 3.17% per year. The average administrative fee for qualified plans is an additional 1.3 to 1.5%. These fees add to more then 4.3% on an annual basis. The average return experienced by the normal investor over the last one hundred years is less than
2 ½%. Now you can clearly understand why most people lose by parking their money in mutual funds.
A Better Way
We can’t ask someone to provide our success for us. We can not do it alone. We need a guide who has our best interest at heart.
Be sure to visit our website at www.keepingintouchfinancial.com for more interesting and informative articles and videos.